Our mission is to intelligently support the high aspirations of minority students. We offer information, quality cyber mentoring, encouragement, and support that will help bolster student efforts to achieve high goals.
- In The Spotlightby Dr. Jack Thomas
- Occupational Parity for African and Hispanic Americans: Our challenge and Opportunity!by Dr. Jack ThomasWe at Anyonecanachieve.com are highly concerned about equity, fairness, inclusion and opportunity for all to participate in our recommended 330 occupational titles. Our goal is to encourage greater college persistence and preparation that can lead to a more fulfilling future. Our focus is where the greatest need exists. African Americans and Hispanic Americans compared to White and Asian Americans, have less educational attainment and fewer great opportunities in the U.S. Labor Force. The 330 titles we recommend encompass about 36 million (well paid) jobs that span a range of interests and aptitude. Most of the occupations fall within Professional Specialty and… Read more: Occupational Parity for African and Hispanic Americans: Our challenge and Opportunity!
- 45 Graduate Degree Jobs That Pay More Than $100Kby Dr. Jack Thomas
- Update: Deontae Craig Career Progress @ Iowaby Dr. Jack ThomasDeontae Craig ( Defensive Lineman #45, Iowa Hawkeyes) To find out more about Iowa football visit https://hawkeyesports.com/sports/football/ Anyonecanachieve.com featured Deontae at the beginning of his college career. We are so pleased that Deontae took time from his busy schedule to provide us with the following inspiring update. Thanks so much Deontae. “I am about to enter my 4th year at the University of Iowa! I am a sports studies major and I am minoring in communications. I hope to have a role in the media industry after my football days are over. I chose these two because I love being… Read more: Update: Deontae Craig Career Progress @ Iowa
- ACA Mission Statement 2022by Dr. Jack ThomasAnyonecanachieve.com is a college persistence program. We are seeking career specific mentors to help inform, encourage, inspire and offer support to African American and other minority students as they embark on their college journey. At anyonecanachieve.com we promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the most rewarding and lucrative professional occupations in the U.S. labor market. African Americans and other minorities are seriously underrepresented in these great professions historically and now. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion should be more than just words that politicians and corporations use to show interest in social justice. These words should lead to a viable plan to… Read more: ACA Mission Statement 2022
- Anyonecanachieve.com is pleased to welcome Kambui Abdullah, M.S., LMHCby Dr. Jack ThomasKambui Abdullah received his Master’s Degree from Martin University and is licensed as a Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in Indiana. He has had specialized training in CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused Therapy, Crisis Assessment and Intervention and Medication Assisted Training. He is also a Certified Peer Recovery Coach. I am so proud of this young man’s accomplishments. He believes is giving back to the community and sharing his expertise with others. Recently, he was kind enough to give a presentation to my graduate clinical students. He took their questions and offered thoughtful advice. In his presentation he emphasized time management,… Read more: Anyonecanachieve.com is pleased to welcome Kambui Abdullah, M.S., LMHC
- Anyonecanachieve.com is pleased and honored to highlight Dr. Charlie Nelms, Ed.D.,Vice President Emeritus IUby Dr. Jack ThomasCharlie recently received the Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Martin University (where the author has taught Psychology for over two decades). Here is what the Fifty-Third Commencement Program had to say about Charlie: “He is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, a compelling storyteller and a dedicated activist. Charlie obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB),a historically Black College and University (UBCU). He earned his master’s and doctorate degrees from Indiana University. Charlie is the first African American to be appointed Chancellor on an IU campus and Vice President of the University… Read more: Anyonecanachieve.com is pleased and honored to highlight Dr. Charlie Nelms, Ed.D.,Vice President Emeritus IU
- Anyonecanachieve.com is pleased to spotlight Attorney, Robbie Lee Flippin, Esq.by Dr. Jack ThomasWe are so proud of this young attorney’s career accomplishments. Robbie earned her law degree from Indiana University-The Robert H. McKinney School of Law with concentration in Health Law. She is employed at Eli Lilly and Company for the past 4 years. In her current role Robbie focuses on global clinical trial agreement negotiations, vendor oversight and training for contract research organizations, and drafting contract language in response to the implementation of novel privacy laws, globally. Additionally, Robbie is the department’s diversity equity and inclusion chair. This enables her to speak across the enterprise about the company’s inclusion initiatives and… Read more: Anyonecanachieve.com is pleased to spotlight Attorney, Robbie Lee Flippin, Esq.
- Dr. Carolyn Calloway-Thomas Receives W. George Pinnell Awardby Dr. Jack ThomasDr. Carolyn Calloway-Thomas Honored Carolyn received the W. George Pinnell Award for Outstanding Service to Indiana University, April 1, 2022 (This award recognizes faculty and librarians who have shown exceptional breadth and depth of commitment in service to the university, to their profession, or to the public) A BRIEF SUMMARY OF CAROLYN’S CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE UNIVERSITY AND HER PROFESSION: Past President of Bloomington Faculty Council, Past Chair BFC Affirmative Action Committee, Secretary of the UFC, Director of Graduates Studies in two Departments, Director of the Groups Scholars Program, Helped develop a Minority Fellowship program for the Bloomington Campus and helped… Read more: Dr. Carolyn Calloway-Thomas Receives W. George Pinnell Award
- AFRICAN AMERICANS ON THE RIGHT COLLEGE ACADEMIC PATH, HEADED FORWARD!by Dr. Jack ThomasIN 2020 there were about 164 million people employed in the U.S. labor force. Of those individuals (25 and over) nearly 40 percent possessed a Bachelor’s degree or more. Those individuals would be described as having high specific vocational preparation (SVP) therefore generally qualifying for skilled jobs with typically higher prestige and pay. Such jobs likely have greater opportunity for personal growth, promotion and satisfaction. The labor market is always a competitive place where employers vie for the best and most qualified addition to their workplace. So, we are all in the process of improving our skills to make us… Read more: AFRICAN AMERICANS ON THE RIGHT COLLEGE ACADEMIC PATH, HEADED FORWARD!
- Professor Carolyn Calloway-Thomas Receives Award From National Communication Association & Indiana Universityby Dr. Jack ThomasIn 2020, professor Carolyn Calloway-Thomas received two of the most prestigious awards that can be bestowed upon a member of the national communication association and Indiana University. On November 21, 2020, she received the Samuel L. Becker Distinguished Service Award from the National Communication Association. The award is presented to the person judged to have made the greatest contribution to the association during her career. The contributions: research, teaching or service… in December 2020, IU awarded Dr. Calloway-Thomas a bicentennial medal “in recognition of distinguished and distinctive service in support of the mission of Indiana University.” As well, at the National Communication… Read more: Professor Carolyn Calloway-Thomas Receives Award From National Communication Association & Indiana University
- 10 techniques to help manage depressed symptoms.by Dr. Jack ThomasThis presentation is not the best solution for someone experiencing suicidal ideations, but for those experiencing intermittent depressed mood. If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts I encourage you to call 911 or go to your local hospital and reach out for treatment. In general‚ about 1 out of every 6 adults will have depression at some time in their life. Depression affects about 16 million American adults every year. I’m here to tell you it’s going to be okay! The video will outline ten coping skills to help you manage your depressive symptoms.Keep in mind! The things that help the… Read more: 10 techniques to help manage depressed symptoms.
We are tremendously pleased to welcome our colleague, (Virginia) Licensed Professional Counselor, Nicholas Wright, MS